This recipe makes about four glasses of lemonade. You can adjust the sweetness to suit your taste. A juicer is a great investment, even a manual juicer takes the time and effort out of a juicing escapade such as this.
The original recipe suggests adding a splash of vodka for some adult summer refreshment!
Strawberry mint lemonade
50g granulated sugar
150g fresh strawberries
300ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 10 lemons, depending on size and freshness)
a handful of fresh mint
- Make a simple syrup with the sugar and water by heating them in a saucepan over a medium heat; whisk until the sugar dissolves then turn off once it starts boiling.
- Transfer the syrup to the fridge to cool.
- Juice the lemons, taking care to remove any pips.
- Puree the strawberries and mint together with a blender, then add the lemon juice and mix.
- Gradually add the simple syrup until it’s a little sweet but without drowning out the tanginess of the lemons.
- Cool in a pitcher in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve over ice, ideally with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint.